Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You Don't Have to Grow Up To Serve God


LEFT BEHIND IN THE TEMPLE


Our lesson title today goes along with one of the philosophies that I live by: God can use anybody willing and who makes themselves available. This is why we put paint brushes in the hand of our students/kids. It's beginning that cycle of training in the mindset that you are never to young to serve God.

I can't wait to start this lesson week. I was fortunate enough to grow up with parents that die allow me the opportunity to serve when I was little. There are pictures of me when I was only four years old in front of a microphone singing. My dad was a pastor so there was always work to be done. We would work side-by-side as a family. Because of that training, my brother is a pastor, I married a pastor and in my extended family my Aunt Daisy was a pastor, my cousins Duaine and Ronnie are as well. It's a philosophy that's been handed down through the generations of our family. I guess it works because a large majority of our family is still serving the Lord.

That's the charge to all of us. Don't think that your age or circumstances are an excuse to not serve the Lord in whatever way He leads. He is looking for willing vessels and that obedience is where our true blessing lies.

Reel2Real Kidz is a ministry of:
Ypsilanti Assembly of God
701 Holmes Road
Ypsilanti, MI  48198

No comments:

Post a Comment